Building control - Coronavirus update
Following the latest government guidance, all building control enquiries should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your contact details so a member of our team can respond as soon as possible.
Our priorities during this period are:
- Processing and checking building regulation applications
- Making key site inspections – but as most staff will be based from home, you must email us to request or discuss inspections
We aim to continue offering a comprehensive inspection service as current circumstances allow, either in person or remotely.
We'll visit sites for as long as it safe to do so or unless we're instructed otherwise by the government, including key structural parts of your project including (but not limited to):
- foundation excavations
- fire safety work
If we make a physical site visit, we'll take every precaution to ensure we all stay safe. Our surveyors will adhere to the latest government guidance around social distancing, maintaining a distance of two metres from people onsite at all times.
Inspections during coronavirus
For some inspections that would usually require entry to a property, we'll try to conduct these remotely. The best method of achieving this can be discussed with your surveyor.
Requesting site inspections and reporting dangerous structures
When booking a site inspection or reporting a dangerous structure, you should be able to tell us:
- whether anyone at the site (property owner, builder etc.) has been ill and is now displaying the coronavirus symptoms
- if there are any vulnerable people on the premises
- if anybody in the household is self-isolating
If the answer to any of the questions is yes, we'll determine the best way to proceed, after a discussion with the building control surveyor.